Xanax is a pharmacological drug belonging to the group of antidepressants, and has a light sedative and mild anticonvulsant effects on the body.
Release form and composition.
Generic Xanax is available in tablet form. The active substance is alprazolam. Alprazolam brand name is Xanax. Pills are dosed at 0.25 mg and 1mg Xanax or alprazolam 1mg. The packaging has usually fifty tablets.
Xanax generic is prescribed in cases of the following diseases and conditions of the patient:
- anxiety and nervousness, which are accompanied by a sense of danger, anxiety, worsening of sleep and various somatic disorders;
- neurotic reactive-depression condition accompanied by depressed mood, loss of interest to the surrounding reality, decreased appetite and insomnia;
- mixed anxiety and depression condition;
- panic disorder, with symptoms such as phobias and without them;
- neurotic depression, anxiety disorders, which develop on the background of somatic diseases.
Contraindications of Xanax xr.
Alprazolam Xanax also has a number of contraindications for use. These include:
- severe depression;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- acute alcohol poisoning, psychotropic drugs, hypnotic drugs, opioid analgesics;
- chronic obstructive diseases of the respiratory system with initial signs of respiratory failure;
- acute form of respiratory failure;
- individual hypersensitivity to the component of the drug, such as benzodiazepines;
- during pregnancy (because the drug has a toxic effect directly on the fetus);
- lactation (the active ingredient of the drug is excreted in breast milk and can also adversely affect on the baby);
- childhood and adolescence (under eighteen).
During the treatment period of Xanax 25 mg alcohol is strictly forbidden.
In cases of dysfunctional disorders of the kidneys and hepatic drug Xanax is appointed with great caution and only under the supervision of the attending doctor.
Dosage and Administration of Xanax Alprazolam.
Xanax is recommended for admission in the smallest effective dosages. The initial alprazolam schedule dose is 250 mg three times a day. The maximum Xanax schedule permissible dose is 500 mg three times a day. In severe forms of disease, in exceptional cases, the dosage may be gradually increased up to Xanax 5 mg per day. In elderly patients with weakened body the maximum dose may be 450 micrograms a day.
Side effects of 10mg Xanax
Side effects of alprazolam generic during the treatment with 2mg alprazolam may occur early in the course. They can appear as follows: through the sense of rapid fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, ataxia, reduced ability to concentrate, disorientation, unsteady gait, slowing of mental and motor reaction.
Occasionally generic form of Xanax causes these symptoms:
- the central nervous system: headaches, depression, impaired coordination of movements, flashes of aggression, euphoria, insomnia, anxiety, memory loss, confusion, dystonic reactions, hallucinations, agitation, tremor of the extremities, depressed mood, dysarthria, myasthenia gravis, irrational fear, muscle cramps;
- the digestive system: nausea, dry mouth, salivation, constipation, heartburn, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, hepatic dysfunction, jaundice;
- the urinary system: urinary incontinence, urinary retention, renal dysfunction;
- the cardiovascular system: reduction in blood pressure, tachycardia;
- the hematopoietic system: leukopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, anemia;
- the endocrine system: violation of libido, menstrual cycle, change the body weight;
- allergic reactions such as skin rash, itching.